Friday, July 23, 2010

Are you aware of your English usage? Let’s find out……


Words are too often misused, as shown below:

Verbal confusion

Wood you believe that I didn’t no
About homophones until too daze ago?
That day in hour class in groups of for,
We had to come up with won or more.

Mary new six; enough to pass,
But my ate homophones lead the class.
Then a thought ran threw my head,
“Urn a living from homophones,”it said.

I guess I just sat and staired into space.
My hole life seamed to fall into place.
Our school’s principle happened to come buy,
And asked about the look in my I.

“Sir,” said I as bowled as could bee,
“My future roll I clearly see.”
“Son,”said he, “move write ahead,
Set sail on your coarse, Don’t be mislead.”

I herd that gnus with grate delight.
I will study homophones both day and knight.
For weeks and months, through thick oar thin,
I’ll pursue my goal. Eye no aisle win.

¬-----George E.Coon
The Reading teacher, April, 1976

~can you find mistakes in this poem? this was some common mistakes that several people did and they not even realizing it.

14 comments:

  1. hey guys,could you identify the mistakes..???
    If you do,please share with me...>_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea is good..but im not an expertise that can realize ur mistakes..tanya c dak Gmah tu,,mmg abes ko d kerjekan..hahaha...but overall is good and nice..;))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. heeeeeee...tenks 4 da comment ecah...sbna nye byk gak mistakes kt poem 2 dat we can c...if u hav time,juz try 2 analyze it and give ur comments ya...!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey gmah...siot...it's just one of da example la...verbal cnfusion...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah i know. just drop my comment here. sorry now i realize dat my previous comment is too long. haha. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. lets ask the primary student to proofread this poem. this is a good exercise to challenge themselves on their competency and understanding. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. you guys!comment my blog lah! hahah http://ellshelter.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. agaggaga...u both were rite...i'll try 2 find more challenging stuff 4 u guys...hahahha~

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's very hard to identify the mistakes though..sometimes u need to proof-read it for few times..because sometimes u just never realize it.. tanx for sharing.. ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's right ma'wa...sometimes it seems so easy to identify mistakes but we're not really sure of it...i do agree with u....^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. this remind me off our language awareness class.. LOL..

    [off is wrong, it should be of,with single f]

    hehe..im teaching too.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yup...that's right...hahah...it's relates to that class and concerning on how much we aware about our english usage...heee..^_^

    ReplyDelete